Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I did it agin: Left my -69 with lights on, and ended up with a dead battery. I would like to hook up a buzzer like in newer cars, but really can't figure out how. I have done it in other cars, using the courtesy light switch, so it would go off if the door was opened and lights on at the same time. The problem it that I can't get to this switch without tearing into a lot of stuff under the dash, so I was wondering if there is any other ingenious way of doing it, maybe using the spare teminals (bat, ign, lps) on the fuse block. I have a relay that will operates two circuits (one closed when not energized, the other closed when energized). This could be hooked up to set off the buzzer if the lights are on and ignition turned off, but it seems like that this will require it to be energized all the time the ignition is on. Doesn't sound reliable in the long run, so have any of you got any other ideas?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll check with the GM place to see if they can get that kit and how it works. The other ideas look like what I have done before, and it requires hooking it up to the door switch. That's what I want to get around, would rather use something that's easier to get to.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Doesn't the left door wire come out under the dash? Either way, something to start with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts