Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an idea what the weight of a 70 Malibu body tub is? It's a two door, no interior, no dash or column either, no doors, and no heater box. It has the windshield, back glass, trunk lid, rear bumper and gas tank still on it. Through some wheeling and dealing, in two weeks I got a mint frame and suspension(10 bolt), SS fenders, set of MINT doors, the above body tub(with good title), a bench interior, grill and all for free!!! I'll post some pics in the next couple of days. I have to lift the body tub onto the frame to store it for winter and need to know how many buddies I need to lift it from the trailer onto the frame. I'm hoping 4.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
With all the extras still on you body shell it might be a bit too heavy for just 4 guys. Better buy some more beer and invite over a total of 6 guys

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Get rid of the back and front glass, the gas tank, trunk lid and rear bumper, then 4 strong guys can lift it. I did it that way once, but it's still very heavy!:yes:

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
garage door frame ought to hold it :D

·
Registered
12,104 Posts
Tried the 6 guys thing it was dicey, pretty easy to get hurt.

Use a picker , hook it up to your seatbelt anchors, bolt/nut/wide washer, fender mounts in teh cowl work to as far as balancing it. Take your time

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I tried it with 2, 4, 6, and 8, of course 8 was easy but too many people walking around. After I pulled the body off my 69, i left it sitting on some wheel dollies until I figured out what I wanted to do next. My brother and ultimately lifted it up onto some horses with 4x4's. We used a jack on the front to assist our lifting efforts and lifted it up a foot or so, same on the back and so on until we had at the desired height. took about an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts