Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just rebuilt a 396 and installed a Lunati Voodo cam and lifters kit and folled there breakin procedure to the letter I also installed crane engizer roller rockers . My problem is valve train noise. I wen't to readjust the valves after the breakin procedure and found that all the lifters instlantly bleed down. And yes I preprimed the engine before startihg and yes oil was being pumped up to the rockers. Oh it's a hyd. cam+lifters. And has 65psi. oil pressure when running. aaaaaaaaaaaany thoughts or ideas?:confused:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Well, I had the same problem and I let it run for a while and then reajusted and all was well. Tha tsi provided you had it right in the first place. wouldnt' want to run with it not ajusted wrong. I had a lifter not quite pumped up the first time I suspect. all is well and runing now.( 454)same

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That was going to be my last attempt before tearing it apart. I have always adjusted hyd. cams that way but with stock rockers. First time I had to do with roller rockers. bottem line is it is quieter now but still a little clickatey. I guest its just roller rocker noise. thanks again guys! This is a great club to be a member of. Ther is always great members ho know what to do. It would be cool if we could all meet up with our cars in person oh maby some day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts