Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we picked up my grandmas car to sell for her a couple weeks ago she commented that i needed to ask the buyer if they were a "good person", i said ?? and she pointed to the license plate, "xxx-VGP" she said with a laugh that only a "Very Good Person" Should get to buy it. :)

A few days later a friend of mine picked me up in his mustang and i noticed his was xxx-VIP I made a "Very Important Person" joke with him about it...

it got me thinking about those extension letters.
My wife's subaru's plate is xxx-YFO so i've always refered to it "wife-o"

Do you have any funny license plate combinations? (not vanity plates now folks... only random coolness) ;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
my bro has 777-TLT on his trailblazer

I thought it was oxymoron ie , trip 7's with a tilt pinball style

since it's a truck he said it was, trip 7's the lucky truck...

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
My buddy had SP-666.

It was constantly getting stolen....

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I had a random plate on my camaro. After the camaro went away, I bought the chevelle and transferred the plate.

My friends call it the honey 396. Dorks :D I was bummed though when the state forced me to retire it for the new white plates. :(

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
I used to have GJL-396 on my Chevelle... it was totally random plate number, and people always wanted to know what the GJL stood for, since they assumed 396 was what was under the hood. Since it was a smallblock under the hood, my brother suggested GJL could mean "Goes Just Like".

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I have a plate that has been in my family since I was a kid. My dad was a county supervisor at one time way back, and the tag is MY45. A guy that dated my teenage daughter was wary of me at first, he thought I carried a gun under the seat.;)

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
My grandmother's Volare
California
517 PWF

"Pretty Wild Female"

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
When my parents bought there 1 ton truck to pull there 57 Chevy to shows the tag on it was LIK 457 they always said they could not think of a better tag "like for 57 Chevy"

When we bought our enclosed trailer we tried to get a personalized tag for it that said "TOY BOX" but Kansas will issue a personalized tag for a trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Years ago I had a plate that ended in CGW...happend to be my GGrandmother's intials, whom I grew up with. I think I still have them.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
my bro has 777-TLT on his trailblazer

I thought it was oxymoron ie , trip 7's with a tilt pinball style

since it's a truck he said it was, trip 7's the lucky truck...
TLT could be Trailblazer LT, if it's that trim level. Pretty cool none the less with the lucky 7's.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
My daily driver is a 90 Crown Vic, and the letters on the tag are xxx-SUY. I pointed out to my wife that it looks like anold cop car,and the plate says sooooooeeeeeeeee!!!!!

heh heh heh.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts