Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what options I have to setup some sort of PCV system on my 454. I have an Edelbrock performer rpm intake and a holley 800 DP with power disc brakes. Right now I just have a breather on each valve cover, and there is noticable gases emitting from the breathers. Can I just replace one breather with a breather with a nipple on it, and tee a hose from the breather into the hose running from the power booster to the back of the carb? Will this be enough to get rid of the gases, and also will it kill my power brakes? Otherwise do I install a PVC valve somewhere up by the front of the manifold? And would I also tee this into the booster hose? I don't remember where this was done on my 400 pontiac that I used to have. PLease excuse my ignorance, I am actually down in alabama right now (play some skynyrd!) and my car is back up in Minnesota so I cant just run out and look at it. But I am going up to finish it up next weekend.

I forgot to mention that the car is running a manual tranny, and the cam specs are
.550 lift and .242 duration @.050

thanks everyone!
Joe

------------------
1965 Chevelle SS

[This message has been edited by fusion_ta66 (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
361 Posts
You should be OK pulling one of the breathers in favor of a PCV Valve. I did exactly what you mentioned earlier on my Small Block, but this did cause me to lose brake power, so I added a comp cams vacuum canister. and everthing seems to work fine now. I think they're about $30-40 from Jegs.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gatkins,
How much vacuum were you pulling at idle before you hooked up the pvc? I am curious as to how much you need at idle so I won't need a canister..........hopefully

thanks
Joe

------------------
1965 Chevelle SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.