Team Chevelle banner
601 - 617 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Heres one around the mid 90s? Just put a motor/trans in it, pic is in front of Bob Jennings shop

Those were both my pool cleaning trucks back in the day. El was in primer for a bunch of yrs....tore is apart in 99?

If I knew that primer would not allow moisture through...Id never have painted the car. Love the ol primer/rallyes look.
No worries about dirt scratches etc. Quick sand and spray again, good to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I love me some 65 El Camino... ♥ ♥ ♥

Reactions: Sludge and 123pugsy

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Not pretty? Your car looks great man, and a big block on top of it!!
Whats not to like?

Pugsy trying to find a pic of the last show I entered...parked right next to one just like yours..centerlines and all.

I do want a set of those they are just timeless in my book.

Sludge can you tell us more about that console, what is it out of ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't really help ya out on the console. Was a home improvement contractor before I retired and every now and then we'd buy a house to flip and most would just be crammed full of junk. Most of the time we could fill up one or two 20 cubic yard dumpsters. Anyway, that's where the console came from. I figured I could either use it or sell it someday.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I have had this one for 27 years, SS 454, M22
I really dig those wheels; I think they are generation three Rallys. I have first generation Rallys on my 69 SS396 now. But I'm going to look for some Gen three spokes. I only use Chevrolet Rally wheels. They ride real smooth and balance out almost perfectly.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Blue Alloy wheel

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
is there a difference when you run with the tailgate down?
Only if you have 200 pounds of ballast inside the gate. It makes no difference on my 69. I have a 1978 low compression 454, th400 with 2.73 gears. I love this drivetrain and Im keeping it stock. After giving it a good tune up and ditching the vacuum advance and raising the initial to 22 it really runs strong. I will never build another hi compression motor again. This motor has 9:1 and will run circles around those 11:1 462 Pontiacs I used to sware buy.

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Probably the same either way..if you wanna lose weight then take it off.
Overall I prefer regualr ol rallyes on these, had them for many years. Like to change up though...had GM rallyes then chrome ones...now draglites. Am very partial to centerlines those are next.
Like the BB/Tall gear/T400 very simple and can run the hwy all day which is where one can appreciate these cars. Nothing rides like them on the hwy.
There are days I almost miss the auto/3.08 milder engine I didnt worry about it as much.

Can you spot the C4?

Attachments

601 - 617 of 617 Posts