Team Chevelle banner
581 - 600 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hello,

Here's a recent shot of my EC parked on a movie location set fake drive in movie - they needed a bunch of cars 1974 and older. The car got paid $175 for its participation - split between me and my wife. Mercifully, the car did not ask for its share that week and still hasn't. This is not something I will do again for the money because that's a twelve hour overnight, mosquito-infested period of time that I will never get back. And as a result, I owe my wife the accomplishment of a hefty list of honey-do projects. The other car people were nice and so was the movie crew but the catering truck was a half mile away and I have no idea what those people got fed. All of us car people got pizza and a Dr Pepper about 11:30 that night.

And the kicker??? I won't know until next Halloween whether my EC actually made it into a movie scene or wound up on the cutting room floor. I'm still in therapy over the watching of the same slasher-fest genre movie 10-15 times that night on the big screen called "Scream Bloody Murder" - what a horrible waste of film and certainly cracked camera glass lenses. Please don't Google it. Thankfully, there was no audio dialogue to come out of the fake speaker hung onto my window glass. I would have gouged out my own eyeballs and eardrums if I had to listen to it or if I knew how to read lips.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My '67.. 383 stroker with edelbrock heads. FTI 700R4.. Baer brakes... handles like a slot car...

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Reactions: 123pugsy

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Love that Centerline wheel look...had 'em on mine with 3" fronts and 10"s in back...wouldn't steer, and rubbed like crazy in the rear, but had that bad to the bone attitude...yours is the perfect combo. Are the driprails painted? Clean and smooth 😎
Thanks.

Ya, the first one I looked at which was sold quickly had them rims and looked great. So, when it was time for new rims, I didn't need to waste time looking at the myriad available out there. o_O

Yes, drip rails painted. The cheap SOB car came with naked rails. And me being a cheaper SOB, well, that's it, no chrome.

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
70RAII what springs did you use front and rear your stance is perfect.

Beautiful rides here, wow. Love that gold SS.. Els only need a slight drop,rallyes centerlines, welds or to look awesome.

Pic with rallyes was its 2nd drive after being in pieces for 12 yrs.
Other is as it sits today

Attachments

581 - 600 of 617 Posts