Team Chevelle banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Sorry, no pics yet, need a couple more weeks. Currently installing UMI stage 4 on a 69 chevelle convertible. Fronts in but I don't have the 12 bolt buttoned up yet after a gear change. Hope to have it back on its wheels soon.

· Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Obviously not done, In guide coat at the moment. I took about a coil and a quarter all each side.

· Registered
207 Posts
"65 Malibu SS, SPC springs all around. SPC upper and lower front arms. I installed an aluminum spring seat and one steel shim under the front springs. Howe tall upper ball joints. Bilstein shocks, Hellwig bars front/rear. Stock spindles. It sit's about 1-3/4" lower than stock.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Same car as before and still looks like crap... but it was nice today and I got to drive it.... so I took one of it OUT of the garage :D

· Premium Member
718 Posts
"65 Malibu SS, SPC springs all around. SPC upper and lower front arms. I installed an aluminum spring seat and one steel shim under the front springs. Howe tall upper ball joints. Bilstein shocks, Hellwig bars front/rear. Stock spindles. It sit's about 1-3/4" lower than stock.

Excuse my cluelessness. What will this do?

· Premium Member
2,720 Posts
With aftermarket control arms you can shim the springs…. Doesn't work so well with the factory fronts…..

· Registered
207 Posts
No cluenessness here! The SPC lower control arms are designed to raise/lower the car height. There is an aluminum spacer that sits in the bottom of the spring pocket and the spring rests on top of that. You can also add 1/4" steel rings to raise the car even further, or remove all of it for a much lower stance. I talked to Mark Savitske at SC&C to make sure I got the height I was looking for. These arms give a great deal of adjustment, I have them on my '65 Malibu SS and my '68 Z-28 Camaro. They work great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.