Team Chevelle banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A topic that has been discussed here bofore is the drying up of certain replacement parts, such as horn relays for a '72. I have noticed recently that it is becoming more difficult to find more generic parts, such as the correct rebuild kit for a Qjet. A few weeks ago I put a kit in my Qjet and had to visit several parts stores to find one. The counter guy told me that the sales of such kits was very slow and they would probably not stock many of these. And, my latest trip thru Walmart showed no 7inch round headlamps anymore. Also, one of the online parts places showed availability of some parts as "available until depleted". So,,,,,,, the question is should we old car enthusiasts be gathering up things like carb kits, fuel pumps and so on while they are still readily available? Any thoughts on this ??

·
Premium Member
7,681 Posts
I'd start grabbing anything I could get my hands on. Especially for the "correct" guy's, most of my car has been converted to more modern piece's. And if something goes, There'e surley a way around it.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
if you run across something that your pretty sure you'd replace...
for a good price .... buy two :)

if your luck is like mine .... I'll have Everything Except what I need ... :rolleyes:

I guess the question is how much stuff to collect ?? because in 40 years it will be worth a bunch on ebay ...... ROFLAMO

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
It's my opinion that you can never too much stuff, just not enough space :)

Things that I purchased 5 years ago have more than doubled in price. My best purchase was a mint 69 Chevelle 6000 redline tach/gauges for $200 4 years ago. The guy thew in the dash (with clock) and wiring harness. Have you priced these babies lately :)

Tony

·
Registered
14,618 Posts
they may stop stocking them, but im sure youll always be able to order most of these parts. Its probably just a space limitation thing in the shops. Jim

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
i get headlights and oil from Wal Mart. also all the other little bulbs i might need.
same parts as elsewhere for less.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I guess now wouldn't be a bad time to start hoarding parts like little hamsters.....

Then in 10 years you can sell them for ungodly prices on ebay. :D

It may already be too late - I'm having a heck of a time finding NOS, correct-number hamsters for my '70 Elky. Anyone know a good source?

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts