Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 69ss is factory LeMans blue/parchment int. and white side stripes but im not going to use the parchment int. im going black...my question is were there 69 LeMans blue chevelles with LeMans blue and black int. and if so what color were the stripes ...White??
and if anyone has ever had that combo how did it look Thanks Darryl

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
Darryl, According to the '69 Chevelle Features and Specifications Guide (dealers used this), LeMans Blue was available with black or parchment interior colors. The side stripe was white in all cases except if a black vinyl or convertible top was specified. Then the stripe was black.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I have a 69 SS in LeMans blue with black interior. Mine has the incorrect black stripe but it looks great. Would'nt change a thing. Make it the way you like it. Stripe should be white though if you want to be right.

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom,
Thanks thats what i wanted to hear...don't care about correct,,want it the way i want it ..thats the reason im restoreing it myself and didnt just settle for the for sale lot ...now can anyone e-mail me a photo of LeMans blue with a black stripe prefer no vinyl top or conv. photo but will take what i can get... the actual combonation i plan to use is 69 two door hardtop (no vinyl) LeMans blue/black interior (bench seat 4 speed) and black side stripes and SS wheels
but would love to see simular photos
...........All help appreciated Darryl
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Whatever color stripe you choose, here's some advice on applying the stripe. When applying the stripe or stencil to the rear quarter panels, you have to "arch" the stripe slightly. If you eye it up down the side and it looks arrow straight, it will look, ah, not right! apply from the front fender first, working your way towards the back. The curve of the rear 1/4 demands a slight upward arch. Just a little reminder when applying the stripe. I've seen other cars with a straight stripe and UURRGGHH! it looks bad!

------------------

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine came with factory LeMans Blue,Black bench interior,and the thin white side pinstriping.I call it the "Malibu" pinstriping as I've seen that on all of granny's grocery grabbin stockers my whole life.It's orig SS396 and it looked really sweet.Shawn. BTY,its 2dr coupe,hardtop.

------------------

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,699 Posts
On page 106 of the April 2000 issue of Super Chevy there's a partial photo (front end) of a '69 SS in what appears to be LeMans Blue with a black SS stripe.

------------------
von '69 300 Dlx SS Murphy's Law is always in effect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.