Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished restoring my interior and have a problem with my headlights. I don't know if it's always been a problem or I caused it.

When I turn the headlights on, the outer two lights come on (like they're supposed to) but when I put the high beams on, the inner two bulbs come on, but the left, outer bulb goes out.

Low Beams: (ON)(Off)++++++(Off)(ON)
High Beams: (ON)(ON) ++++++ (ON)(Off)

Where do I start? Thanks.

------------------
Ed
'68 El Camino (Current Project)
'66 Caddy Conv (Cruiser)
'87 Vette Conv (Daily Driver)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty simple solution. I didn't even consider that since there's a second pair of bulbs for high beams. Thanks. I'll change them tomorrow. (I bought all new bulbs 50% off when Trak Auto went out of business last month; didn't think I'd need them so soon.)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I sometimes forget to check the basics first, too. We had a customer come into the dealer I work at, saying neither side low beam was working, but were OK on high beam. The electrical tech spent close to an hour checking out grounds, and headlamp switch pinouts, and wiring harness. He finally found both low beams burnt out. It just goes to show you, if one side burns, the other side is the same age, and will probably go soon after. Thinking too technical can get you into trouble sometimes.

------------------
Don
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>'69 Chevelle 2dr Sedan project in progress.
<LI>70% done...feels like 70% left to do
[/list]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts