1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I definitely got a kick out of it. Those old import pickups are fairly light, and on the flat, could make a useful and fun piece of equipment. Reminds me of some foreign countries that allow younger people to drive on the street with "tractors" that can only go so fast, so they have a lot of small old cars that are limited in speed and power for them. Or those "cars" the French are allowed to drive after a DUI that can only go slow.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
You have to admit it goes along pretty well with that little motor in it. I wonder if you can get attachments for it. :smile2:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I bet if you put a quality air cooled one in, like a Koehler with positive pressure oil pump, and a 20+hp twin, you could drive in traffic with it. But you would probably kill it on a long hill.
I remember way back in the 1980s, (1986 maybe?) The Chevrolet Celebrity needed 15hp to go 50mph. And the original beetle only had 36hp, so it could be done and driven in traffic. The EPA would probably be the biggest legal fight!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
When I read the title of this post, I was guessing it was about the new 4-cylinder Silverado.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Im impressed !!!! He shoulda used the 2 cylinder predator engine ..Probably be faster some of these wanna be honda race cars .lol.

·
Super Moderator
15,882 Posts
Im impressed !!!! He shoulda used the 2 cylinder predator engine ..Probably be faster some of these wanna be honda race cars .lol.
This past weekend I turned a 13.9 @ 106 in my basically stock 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6spd (on street tires no less) so I really doubt that. ;)

Though I will admit I've always wanted to build a go-kart with one of those Predator V-2 engines. They are rated at 22hp but are seriously governed so without the governor they can really run quite well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This past weekend I turned a 13.9 @ 106 in my basically stock 2015 Accord Coupe V6-6spd (on street tires no less) so I really doubt that. ;)

Though I will admit I've always wanted to build a go-kart with one of those Predator V-2 engines. They are rated at 22hp but are seriously governed so without the governor they can really run quite well.
You probably have a nice Honda I was talking about the fart can muffler crowd lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts