Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not Chevelle related, but maybe someone can help. The radio in our '93 Caravan needs to be repaired, the switch on it is bad, you have to turn the knob off and on many times and hope that one of the times it'll stay on. I think Coppertop said the contacts are dirty or the switch needs to be rebuilt. Other than that the radio works fine. Also in my '87 Caprice, it came with the top of the line AM/FM Cassette with equalizers but the cassette player doesn't work (I put in a tape and it keeps trying to auto reverse and wont rewind or fast forward)and I'd like to send this in as well rather than search for a salvage yard and have that radio go bad (already happened with the van so I'd prefer to fix the original now). Anyone have a recomendation of a shop that does a good job on these? Thanks

------------------
1970 Chevy Custom El Camino
Originally was & will be Green Mist & Silver w/Green Vinyl Top (now black/black)
350ci/300HP 4bbl & Dual Exhaust
TH-350 - 2.73 Posi Rear - Factory PS, PDB, PW, Tilt, A/C & More
My El Camino Home Page
Other Restorations -1969 Snowco Trailer & 1967 Sears Custom 600 Tractor
Team Chevelle Member #995

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Shawn, I have two am/fm cassette gm radio's. Neither one has the equilizer but they worked great when pulled. I replaced them with cd players. They came out of a 89 chevy van. If it will work and you if want one it's yours. They don't have the mounting brackets on them but you can get them off your old radio. Gotta be cheaper than repairing the old one. Just let me know. Pete

------------------
Member# 1097
67 std camaro conv 327/210, 1978 annv vette, 1985 Z28 Camaro, 1970 Chevelle, challenged deer now in rehab, 00 grand prix, www.chevelles.com/showroom/no1dc1.jpg

[This message has been edited by no1dc (edited 05-24-2002).]

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I took the one from my 86 Monte Carlo SS to the dealer to get if repaired and it was $187.00.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction.
Maryland Chevelle Club

1 - 4 of 4 Posts