Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 chevelles already, 64, 67.Looking at a 1 owner old lady chevelle to make a possible pro-street. I know 78 up are popular for the 1/4 mile guys. What year was the last for the 2 dr Chevelle?
The one I'm looking at is an 81 with 19,000 original mles.
Thanx.

·
Registered
13,120 Posts
Was it 87? (of course, by then they were all Malibus).

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but why would you even consider destroying an original survivor car when there are any number of builders out there that would serve your purpose just as well. With the number of original cars decreasing everyday, I find it in very bad taste in using such a car to build a pro street ride. PLEASE reconsider. Just my opinion. Flame away!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
rpol7966,

I agree whole-heartedly with you. Please, please, please don't cut up an all original 18,000 mile car!

Among other things, I had an '80 Malibu Classic as my first car, and I've got a soft spot in my heart for these cars....plus, they're the last of the full frame, big block supporting, haul ass cars that the General ever made!

------------------
Nick Pratt,

TC #1442

Proud owner of a 66 Malibu -
355, four speed, 3.08 pegleg

14.94 @ 93.75 (Needs work, I know)

<A HREF="http://www.public.iastate.edu/~amcarthu" TARGET=_blank>
Andy and Nick's Muscle Car Half-way House</A>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to upset a few of you. I feel that way too about chopping up an original survivor car. I'll probably cruise it for awhile as original. just seems a 81 chevelle is not worth a whole lot. I've got 3 other older original chevies with extremely low mileage and I guess it gets alittle boring. Sooo, I'll probably keep it stock. Sorry to upset a few of you.! Are you sure 1981 was the last of the 2 door chevelle malibu? What year did the El Camino make it's last appearance????
Thanks again.....What was the question????
John

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
If you want to modify it and feel guilty about cutting that one up then try and find someone who might be willing to trade you theirs for yours. However, I wouldn't worry too much about modifying it. Just don't tub it, and keep the original parts in case someone were to ever want to restore it.

Steve R.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The Malibu was manufactured through 1983 but was only offered in a 4 door sedan and wagon. The El Camino was offered through the 1987 model year.
I'm glad to hear that you won't cut up the car. I recently heard of a 32,000 mile original '67 sedan that the owner was offering the original components for sale. He was going to make it into a pro street car. Seems like a sin since a car can "live" that long unmolested and then end up with such a fate. I want to build a a clone of a '67 L79 sedan but even hate to disturb an original car to do do that. Hmmmmmmmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.