Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave I'll be working on that. Nice car and good looking launch

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to try new slicks these were throw aways from a friend and get new shocks also. I have street shocks all around now. My torque multiplication in 1st gear is 11.61 now, 3.27 and 3.55 I would have to change trans ratios and rear gears. I'm only using 4 out of 5 gears. I must say the new machined hubs sliders and syncros from SK Speed equipment has the trans shifting like a dream smooth on the street and flawless power shifting at the track:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Nice times! What headers and exhaust are you running??

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi I just put on 3" X Pypes with E-cutouts, Dynomax Ultra flows, and flow master tails out the back. Headers are Hooker Comps

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I decide to, does a roll bar have to be welded to the frame?

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,349 Posts
If I remember correctly, that's almost a half second off your previous best and a second better than your last outting. Is this from adding only the ProSystems carb and exhaust?

What's up with "aborted pass" ? Looks like new bests up to the 1000', or so. Did it nose over or did ya just get scared? ;)

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info Bob I thought so. Hey Rowdy since the carb and exhaust I added Dick Miller bars and springs and I took out the Koni's because the were too stiff and put back my old street shocks. The aborted pass was bad judgment got beat bad on the light and shut it off. With the old shocks and no sway bars feels like your riding a bowl of Jello:D

·
Team Member , Vegas TC Ambassador
3,349 Posts
Bill Cosby says Jello is good for ya.

Which Dick Miller bars? Factory style sway or the AntiRoll bars welded between the rear frame rails?

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No sway or anti roll bars yet only his non adjustable lowers and double adjustable uppers with trick springs front and rear.... lack of funds.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Hi I just put on 3" X Pypes with E-cutouts, Dynomax Ultra flows, and flow master tails out the back. Headers are Hooker Comps

Nice set up! I think I may end up going to some Ultraflows in the future...not sure if at my power level if the Flowmaster delta flows are holding me back???

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they are better than Flow Masters and can be returned if you don't like the sound. I had a pulse that hit my floor pan with the X pipe the 14" case is a louder muffler but mellow at cruising rpm and vicious at wot. the 20" case is mellow all the way around it does bark at wot also just not as loud. Per Walker/Dynomax I will be getting my refund this week for the 14" mufflers.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
What kind of pulse?? Is it similar to a Flowmaster drone?? I was planning in the 14" models.

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was like an individual cylinder pulsing out of the X pipe under light load not at cruise or wot. I kind of like the 14s better for sound but my wife and I talk allot so the 20s are better for that being that we are old and all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts