Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 598 in a 68 chevelle with a F2 procharger running 24 pds of boost. Running E98 Ethanol and am confused about Air/Fuel or Lambda for wideband to be "safe" with my tune. I have had a number of responses but very few from people who are tuning for forced induction. I believe that a lambda of .7 would be safe. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would shoot for .78 or so. I just leave the wideband set for gas and jet for the normal [email protected] and mid 14's at cruise. The sensor doesn't know what fuel you are running its just watching oxygen content so it reads right. A lambda reading of .7 would be 10.29 if using the gas afr numbers which is too rich. .74 -.81 is probably where it will like to be. (lambda x 14.7 = gas afr) Hope that helps

Hey, where are you getting your e-98? Any idea on the price? I gotta buy a barrel or two real soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. A guy on the Lm-1 forum that referred me here recommended I look for you on the forum. Sounds like you have a real wild ride! Appreciate the help. Tried to run a 496 blown last year and didn't check the air/fuel and paid the price. E98 is tough to find. It amazes me that in Minnesota with all the ethanol plants, no-one wants to sell the stuff unless it is in bulk. A friend of mine works at a plant near Hutchinson, MN where I live and can get drums occasionally. I picked up two 55 gal drums from him which he sold to me for $500. He wanted $4 a gallon and $30 for the drum which he refunds when returned. He guarentees it is pure E98. If you cannot find it, I would gladly get a hold of him for you.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks for the reply. A guy on the Lm-1 forum that referred me here recommended I look for you on the forum.
That would have been me ;) Glad you found Jesse . . .

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea, Eric68 and I seem to requent the same boards alot. :) Usually we are on the same page too.

I found a local guy who can get it for 4.50 a gallon shipped but that is the cheapest I've found. The stupid thing is in florida you can buy e-98 by the gallon for 2.69. They don't even make ethanol in florida and it has to be trucked all the way from the midwest but its still ALOT cheaper.... Makes no sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts