Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta 67ss i turn the wiper knob and got nothing
Just got the car last weekend and been messing around with different stuff. were should i start with this problem?

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Tom- Sorry to clutter your post, but did you get Dean's yellow 67? That car is nice!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
www.angelfire.com/ca4/chevelle/
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep picked up last Sunday from Dean
pretty solid car just need some TLC. Trying to make it a safe driver first then i'm gonna get the body work going

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had posted this some time back, but a search does'nt find it. hopefully this will help.

The wiring for the wiper motor is a little tricky. The following explanation is for a 66-67 wiper motor. Other motors are similar. The wiper motor has +12vdc applied to two different circuits when the ignition key is on. One is to make the wiper motor run when you turn the wiper switch on, the other is to keep it running until it has reached the park position after you have turned the switch off. The wiper switch applies ground to the motor to make it work. When looking at the wiper motor from the front of the car, there is a vertical set of connections just to the left of the washer assembly. There will be either 3 or 4 spade type connections. The motors with 3 connections, are from the top, +12vdc, low speed ground, hi speed ground (might be confused as to which one is low speed and which one is hi speed). If the motor has 4 connections, the top two are +12vdc, then low speed ground and hi speed ground. With 12vdc applied to the top connector and ground applied to one of the bottom two connectors, the motor should run with the speed dependant on which connector is grounded. If you remove the ground, the motor will stop, probably not in the park position. To park the wiper motor, ground the metal case of the wiper motor. When installed in the car, this ground is through the brass eyelet around one of the rubber mounting grommets. When the motor reaches the park position, it internally disconnects the ground and the motor stops. The 12vdc is also connected to the washer pump, and ground is applied to the solenoid in the pump assembly when the button is pushed on the wiper switch.

------------------
Bob Murray 66 Malibu
Greenfield, Indiana (Indianapolis)
TC Gold #49
Aces #01941
NCOA #20838

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.