·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like it going to be a good long while until
my 68 Malibu is back on the road. I'm thinking of
looking around for a "knock around" Chevelle
to drive to keep my spirits up while I'm working
on mine. Anybody else had the same feelings?
I don't care what it is, four door whatever as long as it's Chevelle, I don't know I may even take any
old Chevy! I need some help on what to do and how to break it to the wife. I'm right at 40 so maybe
I could use mid-life crisis.!
My 86 Accord just doesn't cut the mustard if you
know what I mean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gary, we know what you mean. There is a 71 Malibu around the corner from me that has been sitting in the same spot for 5 years, just rusting away. Not sure if it has an engine or if it runs, etc. I don't have the inclination to buy it or work on another as I'm afraid it will take away from the effort I'm putting in on mine. But yeah, it's just not the same driving around in wife's Subaru. I have been looking at a '53 Chevy pickup that's in running condition for $1500. Hmmm, maybe...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Two words, garage sale! Wife gets to unload old stuff. I get to clean out aquired non-chevelle related stuff. Pick up some cash, buy off the wife with something small she's been wanting, and in my case, pay for more parts for the 67. In your case you may score enough to get the knock around car. Who needs that old silverware, anyway?
John Walker

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good luck. I want to build a daily driver, still havent figured out how to explain 2 unfinshed chevelles are better than one. Storage shed?, it would be like the unknown other woman, talk about lookin for trouble.
I think the severe lack of power from the Honda is what is depresing you. No matter how hard I drive the wifes accord its the biggest turd ever. People actually race em'. You gotta LAUGH !. My 3/4 ton chevy has more Balls.

[This message has been edited by 1bad67 (edited 02-20-99).]

·
Registered
934 Posts
That's why I don't own anything newer than 72.

I absolutely cannot stand the new cars!
P.S. Anything 80 or beyond is a new car to me.

Im happy all the time with my 5 old Chevy's.

Now lets see... which one do I feel like taking out today?

So sell your new car and pick up a few old Chevy's.

Just my opinion...

------------------
Bob

Bob's 409 Chevy Page

http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/tvr/246/bob_s_409_chevy_page_index.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bob I'm envy you! I saw a 4dr 69 last year at
the Charlotte car show . Had a six-banger in it and
I'm still hate not trying to buy it.Thanks for the replies guys, I don't think you can ever have too many old Chevys, especially Chevelles!
I'm just gonna keep looking in the papers and driving around in the Oriental tin can. It would probably go over better if i found a 4dr to haul the
wife and kids around. I know an old lady who's in her late seventies who has a 68. She just laughs
at me and tells me to take a number........
she's very wise in her old age.
Gary Davis

·
Registered
9 Posts
You guys have opened my young eyes W-I-D-E
I wasn't looking for a daily driver at first. But now that you all mentioned it, it would be smart to get a regular Chevelle until I can find my DREAM CAR. Which is a 70 ss 396 or 454, isn't that everyones ideal Chevelle...hahaha. But a mechanic I know has a 70 "plain-jane" that he wants $600 for the body minus the drivetrain. and the body is in real nice shape. Only needs to be primed and painted. He has two other SS projects he would rather attend to, one of which I wish I had. The SS 454 Fathom Blue white stripes white interior.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.