Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here,s a picture of the Tach Bracket I thought I needed to use on my Tach...I was told this wasn,t used from the factory and might be an added on idem...I hope you can see the small square Bracket between the tach and Dash.. Is this an add on..?? It dose look nice though...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looked in Chevelles Mag on 66 Tachs, they have a picture of a Tach Cup and it does show a small spacer ( Bracket ) on their Tach.
I got my tach from Original Parts and the picture on theirs also looks like the spacer is on theirs,. But when I got the tach it was just flat completely around the cup.just a hole for screwing it to the dash..
I,m confused, that,s what my parents always said as I was growing up..

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,065 Posts
My Original Tach has that bracket built right on the cup...the cup and bracket is all one piece. Looks just like the picture. I would like to see that hole for mounting your talking about? Something don't sound right to me. Are you saying the aftermarket tachs don't have that spacer?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I has a place to Bolt it to the dash is all...In Ausleys Mag, it show one like your talking about. Original Parts sent me one without. I contacted them and they said they don,t have one with a bracket, Maybe it depends who I,m talking to at that time..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts