Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Please,
I am trying to install a Knee Knocker Tach in my 66 Chevelle. The problem that I have is that my dash has not been drilled for it and I need to know EXACTLY where it is supposed to go. I have a copy of the page from the assembly manual but it is VERY vague and unclear and lacks reference points. Can anyone PLEASE provide me with precise measurements for the mounting position? Please use the edge of the ashtray opening and the edge of the dash near the instrument cluster bezel as reference points if possible. Also, isnt this tach supposed to tilt slightly to the left toward the driver? If so, how much. I know ABOUT where it is supposed to go but I want it to be perfect. Any information or diagrams (homemade would be fine) would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance
[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Slowpoke, I have a '66 with factory knee knocker. I will get the measurements and get back to you tomorrow.

------------------
Thanks,
ccrider
Member #:267
ACES Member #:3379
66 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you like, I could make a template for you. I have a '66 dash sitting in my garage with the correct holes. email me if you want a template. Ed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Install it right above your right knee, so that everytime you let off the gas pedal your knee hits it

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The reason it was put right there was so that just in case you thought you might want to slow down to avoid getting the speeding/racing/the unlucky guy that night ticket it would be made physicaly impossible. Huge conspiracy between the cops, GM and the insureance companies to milk the money out of us hard working people.

Acually I'm just full of crap but hey it's true/funny.

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201 :)
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>
http://members.aol.com/sniper0666/page/index.html--- currently sleeping

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dimensions are:
From left edge of heater controls - 7-1/8"
From top edge of painted part of dash (just under chrome trim) 1-5/8"
This locates to upper right corner of the chrome Knee Knocker mounting bezel.
Hope this helps, if you have any other questions about the location let me know.
ED1966SS - if you make a template I would like a copy also.

------------------
Thanks,
ccrider
Member #:267
ACES Member #:3379
66 Chevelle SS

·
Registered
32 Posts
you can get a template from a back issue of the national chevelle owners association magazine, i'm not sure what issue. mark mekins is the president.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.