Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Hi Scot,

Not yet. I talked to G-Force earlier this week and they were waiting on Tremec to ship them some of the 3 cone synchros. They said it will ship early next week. They did send me the Lakewood scattershield that I ordered. It has been modified to work with the T-56. I also got my clutch setup from Advanced Clutches. Looks like a very nice piece. I'm supposed to take my chassis to the paint shop next week so they can set the body on the car. Shouldn't be too much longer and I can start on the fabrication work for the tranny and finish putting the rest of the car back together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good-please keep us updated. I know I will be following pretty close as I have been thinking about purchasing a G-101, but would rather have the 6 speed.

Scot

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Will do, Scot. Below are a few pics of the housing and the new clutch assembly. The clutch lining is .360" thick, so it should last a pretty good while. The plate has 500lbs of base pressure and is adjustable to 1,600lbs.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Oooohhhh, look at that nice stuff!
Ken, where is the hole in the bellhousing for adjusting the clutch?
They didn't drill/machine the bellhousing for clutch adjustment depiste me requesting them to do so :sad: I will have to do it myself when the transmission arrives. Honestly, I havent' been that impressed with G-Force's customer service thus far. I'm hoping the service after the sale is better.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
They didn't drill/machine the bellhousing for clutch adjustment depiste me requesting them to do so :sad: I will have to do it myself when the transmission arrives. Honestly, I havent' been that impressed with G-Force's customer service thus far. I'm hoping the service after the sale is better.
Well, at least you know it will be in the right location for adjustment.:D
Don't forget about the bottom hole for airgap also.
What the heck are you building down there anyway?? A turbo 540??

·
Registered
664 Posts
customer service was great for me,but that was for a g-101,delivered in 3 weeks as promised,everything on this trans is built in-house.

the hole in the bellhosing depends on the shape of the trans case,most of the time you end up at 3 o'clock ,but with an odd shaped case you may have to drill the hole in a slightly different location.i'm guessing thats why the hole wasn't drilled,i drill a 1/2" hole,and use a ---BALL END ---allen wrench,chop the short end off[throw away],and tack weld the long straight section to the proper sized socket and your good to go,i like to use a 1/4 drive ratchet.just mark your harmonic balancer numbers 1 thru 6 at the proper locations.

at the track i drive the car up on ramps and chock the rear wheels of coarse,it only takes a few minutes for clutch adjustments,i've actually done it without the ramps a few times in the staging lanes,depends on how low the car sits,and i'm fairly skinny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.