Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my '69 in today. Ran fine all the way here (about 5 miles). Hit about 4 traffic light and she took off like normal. I stopped to turn into my work parking lot ( car was coming the other way, so I came to s dead stop) as I started to pull into the lot, she missed and chugged. I pulled into my parking space and she idled rough, I reved her up a little and put her in gear and same thing.....
I came inside for a few minutes and decided to go get some Gumout from Wal-Mart and when I started her up and drove there, she ran perfect. Added the Gumout and drove a few miles, no problems. The only thing I've done recently is change thermostats and the choke thermo on the carb, but that was 11 days ago and I never had the problem until today. Could it have been just something dirty in the gas?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
How hot was it outside?
It might have been trying to vapor lock.
Had it happen to me of all places, coming off the line at the drag strip. Nearly quit altogether. Emptied the cooler on the intake and took her back out.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.