Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a set of kick panels for 6.5" speakers without buying the speakers already in them? and has anyone put 6x9 speakers into the rear deck? can you tell me how or direct to a web page that has something like that there? thanks for everything

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not sure on the kick panels without spreakers. The only ones I've seen have speakers in them.
The 70-72 Chevelles are pre-drilled for 6x9's in the rear deck. Not sure on your year. Have you stuck your head up inside the trunk to see if the holes and cutouts are up there?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I installed 6x9's in my rear deck. I was replacing the package tray and it was easier with it out. There is a piece of metal crossing the speaker holes and I cut this out. Seems like I had to drill some mounting holes. Ran the wires under the back seat and scuff plates. I used the kick panels from Autosound with the speakers mounted in them. They are a little small but sound ok.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts