Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Marina Blue with blue interior 66 SS 396 in Oct of 99. The old car is not in bad shape, tho someone has done some midnight detailing. The plastic parts, in particular the kick panels, have been painted a quasi-Marina blue. Under the "blue" paint, the plastic is actually bronze. Since they are in very poor shape (scuffed and scarred), I purchased a replacement set over the 'net. Although they too are not blue, they are a very close shade of green. My question is: Should I dye them or paint them? What color should I use and what supplier? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
OK.Email me a mailing address.I will forward you a few copies of articles addressing this very topic.
Let me know your eta on starting this little project so I can pace myself ! Thanks.Shawn

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I've had good luck with the vinyl/plastic spray from year one. I've ordered it about 4 times over the past 8 years and the color always matches. It goes on pretty easy. Be sure to clean the panels thoroughly and use a "vinyl/plastic prep" product. Most of the local paint supply stores will have the prep.
rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts