Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a eldebrock performer 600.I hooked up the slide screw through the slotted kickdown cable and I could not get it to work.Then I squeezed the slotted part about half way so when I hit the gas It would kick down.Well It worked for a while.Then it felt Like it was binding and my Idle was a little to high.So I opened it up.Now It moves freely but won't kick down the trans.Hope I don't sound to muchlike a MO-RON...64 SS Malibu with 350\350

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Ron,
The TH350 kickdown cable should bolt to the drivers side of the intake manifold and be adjustable at that point. Do you have the cable properly installed? mgg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it installed right but I guess the adjustment is what i'm messin up on.Where is the adjustment?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The adjustment on a TH350 is on the part of the cable that goes through the mounting bracket. Flip up the little rectangular center portion then have someone depress your gas pedal to the floor as you snap the little bugger back down.

BTW, you do not sound like a MO-RON. A real MO-RON wouldn't ask the question but would keep driving it without adjustment, and without kickdown.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

------------------
70 & 1/2 RS Camaro
SB406 & M20 4spd
9" Rear
70 Malibu
SB350 & TH400

Gold Member # 103
Driveline Technician

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.