Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little off subject..but i thought there might be a chance that someone would know. I just purchased a new keyless entry remote for my 1997 Camaro Z28 and i need to know how to program the remote for the car. if anyone knows any help would be appreciated. thanx in advance.

·
Administrator
16,160 Posts
Unless the car was manufactured with the reciever module installed just programing some remotes isn't going to do squat. I have a procedure that worked when I replaced a damaged remote unit on my 94 Firebird, but I don't have it with me. I can tell you that both have to be programed at the same time and it was real easy to do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You need to take the car to the dealer to program the remotes to the car. Unless you have a Tech 2 sitting in your tool box. This is also assuming that your car is equipped with keyless entry, the RPO option code is AUO, check your SPID label to see if your car has this option if it doesn't then don't waste anymore time because the remotes won't work, your car doesn't have keyless entry.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my original window sticker for my camaro and Keyless entry is standard equipment with the Z28 package. I just need to know how to program the remote.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
My 1991 Buick PA module has a wire that should be grounded in order to program the transmitters. As soon as the wire is grounded the door locks will unlock. Then push the lock and unlock bottons on the transmitter(s) and finally unhook the program wire.

This program wire is routed to the diagnostic connector under the dash near the steering column. One of the other holes in the connector is a ground so you can put a jumper between the 2. I will have to lookup the right positions. Please e-mail me if you want me to.

I am currently updating my 66 Chevelle with such a keyless entry module. Bought one with locks at the junk yard.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts