Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Not really sure if this is the place for this post, but hopefully I will get some responces. I live in the windy city now, and come this Sept. the family and I are moving down to the Louisville, KY area. Im tring to find out just how many members we got down there. I tried going through the member list, but thought this was an easier way to find the most amount of people. I have been a member of this site for a while now and have nothing but good things to say about eveyone that i have met through it. so i thought i would get a leg up on meeting some gear heads before the move happens. feel free to drop me a personal email or message. wanting to find out where the cruise nights, local car shows, cool hang outs are in the area. i used to live in Knoxville TN, and the car sceen was insane there!!! hoping the same in true in KY!!! look forward to meeting you all.

mt

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hello,:waving: I am only 9mi. north of Louisville in Sellersburg,In.My husband works in Louisville.
You'll be able to find several car shows on any given weekend April-Oct. around the metro area.It's a great way to meet new friends.The people are real nice around here.IMHO.Maybe I'll see you around sometime.I have a black'71 and my husband has a orange'72.Do you have a chevelle?
Stephanie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jrfan8bud, i do in fact have a chevelle. it is a 70 SS, red/black stripes. in its current trim it is set up for the track, although i drive it on the street mostly. why let a perfectly good 540 BBC go to waste!!! hope to see you around when i get down there.

mt

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Well, I'm from Louisville, born and bred. The car show scene was pretty good when I was there. I'm stationed in NC right now and the area I'm in is mostly one or two "clubs" getting together.

Anyway, Louisville, IMO is a great place to live. A lot of good people and a few bad apples as well. Stay away from Downtown Louisville if you can. Especially in that Chevelle. There used to be some street racing off of 7th St I believe, I frequented that area before coming back in the Corps.

Well, good luck and once you get in there and get settled, remind me and I'll give you the number to a buddy. He and his dad are gear heads. Mike and Jim Maddix. Both are good guys and really big musclecar guys. Mike has a 67 Firebird and Jim (the dad) has a 66 SS396 that he is restoring.

Take care and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts