Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. First let me thank everyone for all the help y'all have provided in the past. Got another one for you. Wifey just gave me the green light on a 5 speed conversion for my 67 Malibu. Currently have a 700r4 that I am not happy with. I was thinking about an RS500. After reading a lot of posts in various forums, I'm getting the feeling that Keisler has horrible service, an extremely long lead time and tends to send out items with quality issues. Have they resolved their issues or should I buy something else? If the answer is the latter, then what are some recommendations? Thank you again.

67 Malibu HT...420 HP / 460 TQ...3.08, 10 bolt rear with 275/60R/15's(rear will be changed after Trans).

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I'm kinda on the fence with them right now. I ordered my RS500 last Feb. 2012 when they were swamped with issues on there RS600 not getting the parts they needed on time. Well, I recieved my trans in Aug. 2012 and as of last Wed, I just got it installed. I have a post on here about some issues I had with the install. Nothing that can't be modified, but why should I have to if this is a direct bolt in? The trans does shift nice while not in motion, but won't know till I get my driveshaft and the spring thaw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts