Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160085400413&rd=1,1

You guys were a lot of help on this one. I have the car and I gave it a nice detail yesterday. The paint realy shines but it is black so every flaw shows. From 2 feet away it looks like a show car.

It seams to run fine. Have not registered yet so only went around the block. The engine fires right up and it shifts nice and firm.

A couple of questions. 1)There is a bt of play in the steering wheel, is this normal ( I have ony owned BMW's so I amused to very tight steering).

2) The drivers window rattles when it is open in the door. Can I put something in the door panel to make the rattle go away?

3)My dash light is very weak. I can see a bulb come on but it does not illuminate the speedo area.

4)Finaly, can I adjust the windows as they do not close perfect with the roof, meaning there are small gaps that are open when the windows are up?

I know I am not the average Chevelle owner. I have always wanted one from my early days. I am 35 and my wife thinks I am crazy coming from BMW's. I have a company car so this car will only see Sunday drives.

Anyone know any shops in New Jersey where I can get some work done? I want disc brakes and a little more power form the motor.

Thank you again for all your help.

Gregg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Welcom Gregg,

As you tinker with your chevelle and come across issues or problems just pipe up in the appropraite forum. For example on the sterring issue go to the steering and suspension forum and ask your question. Be sure to include year model, options etc. I suspect your lose steering is actually fine and that you are in fact used to tighter rack and pinion system. but who knows check all of the linkages, you might find something. That is part of the fun of owning a car that you can actually work on. If your wife ever teases you about your Chevelle you can tell her it is less expensive than a mistress and it keeps you home allbeit in the garage.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Welcome Gregg and congrat's on the Mali.
Sweet looking car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had more people stop by my house in 2 days with this car than in 2 years with my BMW M5.

Furball, I noticed you called it a malibu, so is it a chevelle or malibu? I know most people on here are laughing there asses off since I know jack about these classics cars.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
chevelle 101;
they are all chevelle's. The malibu is a top trim option. The SS is a top performance option.
Heres a vin list for 70-71
CHEVELLE (STANDARD)
MODEL 133-13437 ~ 2-DOOR SPORT COUPE, 5-PASSENGER
MODEL 133-13469 ~ 4-DOOR SEDAN, 6-PASSENGER
MODEL 133-13480 ~ 2-DOOR SEDAN PICKUP, 3-PASSENGER

MALIBU SERIES 135-13600
MODEL 13669 ~ 4-DOOR SEDAN, 6-PASSENGER
MODEL 135-13639 ~ 4-DOOR SEDAN, 6-PASSENGER
MODEL 135-13637 ~ 2-DOOR SPORT COUPE, 5-PASSENGER
MODEL 13667 ~ 2-DOOR CONVERTIBLE, 5-PASSENGER
MODEL 13680 ~ 2-DOOR SEDAN PICKUP, 3-PASSENGER

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Gregg. Check out this site. You will learn more than you'll ever need to know about chevelle's. Chevelle stuff Dale McIntosh spent a lot of time gathering all this info.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Chevelle World :)

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160085400413&rd=1,1

You guys were a lot of help on this one. I have the car and I gave it a nice detail yesterday. The paint realy shines but it is black so every flaw shows. From 2 feet away it looks like a show car.

It seams to run fine. Have not registered yet so only went around the block. The engine fires right up and it shifts nice and firm.

A couple of questions. 1)There is a bt of play in the steering wheel, is this normal ( I have ony owned BMW's so I amused to very tight steering).

2) The drivers window rattles when it is open in the door. Can I put something in the door panel to make the rattle go away?

3)My dash light is very weak. I can see a bulb come on but it does not illuminate the speedo area.

4)Finaly, can I adjust the windows as they do not close perfect with the roof, meaning there are small gaps that are open when the windows are up?

I know I am not the average Chevelle owner. I have always wanted one from my early days. I am 35 and my wife thinks I am crazy coming from BMW's. I have a company car so this car will only see Sunday drives.

Anyone know any shops in New Jersey where I can get some work done? I want disc brakes and a little more power form the motor.

Thank you again for all your help.

Gregg
Gregg:
Welcome from the beautiful Garden State! Where in Jersey are you? (Or as the joke goes, what exit?) I got mine a few years ago and have been compiling some sources, so i may be able to steer you somewhere. Drop me a line! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts