Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the kitchen a couple of years ago and our laundry room door runs right off of the kitchen. When I did the kitchen I ran whole tiles right up to the laundry room entranceway just to be ready for this project. Yesterday I began the continuation of flooring and I must say that as easy as ceramic tile is to cut and lay that this was a big PITA just because we already live here and doing half of the floor and then moving the washer and dryer and then doing the other half of the floor takes a little planning. Well it's almost complete now with the exception of finishing the baseboards and painting everything and my wife is happy!:D That's the biggest plus. You know what that means....my next days off are going to be Chevelle-related!:hurray:

·
Premium Member
7,278 Posts
I laid tile in our very large kitchen, laundry room, and foyer. It turned out great, but man, that is hard work.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Glad you got it done. I'm a retired tile setter,32 years, I'm glads I'm not doing it any more. Don't miss it one bit any more. Next time, you do some, it is usally faster and easier just to move all the applinance out off your way, and paint after you take the old floor out, and before you put the new one in. Don't have to be so carefull, making a mess.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My knees are OK. But that is one off the reasons I took early retirement. My wife wasen't to excited about me taking early retirement, but my knees where getting tired, along with other things,back,and heartburn, from leaaning over. The funning thing, is my wife, since then has had both her knees replaced, and now she says,I don't know how you worked on your knees that long with no problem, other than tired.

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
I understand the washer dryer problem! mine happen to be in a closet in my main bathroom. To move them out takes at least 3 people (none of which are my wife). SO I had to jockey them from one side to the other and work around them to remove the subfloor vinyl, put the wonderboard down then lay the tile. Pain in the butt! But in the end it was worth it to have the bathroom tiled and done. As for the knees, that is why I bought some really nice knee pads lol.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
I laid the ceramic tile in my friends bathrooms and utility room after his house burned down. Went pretty fast, actually, with him cutting them and me slappin them down. Took longer to grout it and get them cleaned up.
Funny story, he bought both green, and cream tiles. The green ones had the price stickers on the face of the tile. We put them down before they took the stickers off. A YEAR later, they were still on the tiles :D They finally got around to taking them off a few months ago... :noway:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Tile looks good where most products don't work.
I did a basket weave in our dinning room and wow, what a difference. Since then I did our one bathroom floor and tub surround.... really looks great.

:beers: for finishing the job :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts