Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just bought the seat covers for the buckets i hope they get here buy thursday, they where a little pricey but anything for the Elky or Chevelle. Anyone have any tips or tricks for instalation.???

Thanks

------------------
1972 El'Camino- the hot rod
67 Chevelle 4-door-the family car
1962 Rambler-The old put-put 90 hp memory mobile
1967 Chrysler NewYorker 440 Magnum-Really Really Big, and pretty fast.
15 Year old kid, with a gear head mom and a love of real american muscle.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Ok, here are a couple of simple things to consider. Get a table that will allow you to go all around the seats as you work on them. This will take a lot of fatigue out of this job. Another thing is to not toss out ANYTHING until the job is completely done. You will need to remove some of the wires around the edges of the old upholstery and this is not obvious until you are almost done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh crap,
gues i gotta go out and go in garbage and get that one back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you were only joking about going to the garbage and you haven't taken off the old upholstery, then take lots of pictures before you take it apart. Better yet, leave the old cover on one seat while take apart and reassemble the other. If you weren't joking about having already taken them apart and you didn't take pictures, I bet you'll be visiting this forum again!

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible
see the ragtop at:
http://genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/mike.html
North Vernon, IN

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No no joking, but i got old covers back out the pale also they werent too complicated taking them apart. they are still apart in my basement i got them prepped and all ready for the big day when the shipment arives. But im sure i will be back.

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
I recently recovered a set of '68 buckets. I took my time and was amazed at how easy it was! And these were some seats that looked like they were fit only for the trash heap! I used new covers, foam and burlap after cleaning and painting the springs and frames. Go for it!

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle
1991 Z/28
1970 El Camino

1 - 6 of 6 Posts