1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I expect a burn out vid post haste.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've got one of those Schwinn Stingrays hanging in my garage unused. I'm liking the idea.

I'm thinking the Viking helmet would have to be mandatory if your going to do this though :D :beers:

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Cool.... you'll need a moped license or something, no?
Around here anything under 50cc does not require a license. I see them at the swap meets all the time here, they are called whizzers, motorized bicycles already assembled and ready to go. They are very cool actually. I found a link for them. http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/Default.htm
The whizzer is large enough it requires a license. here is a direct link to pictures and specs. http://www.whizzermotorbike.com/Specifications.html

Rocky

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Looks like this kit doesn't display the CC's (which is 80) on the engine, but as far as Johnny Law is concerned it's under 50cc!!!! :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for ontario law all you need is a helmet and for it to be under 50cc, it doesnt say that on the engine so its a 50cc now :D

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
That's what I was thinking..If not, your going to look like Fred Flintstone with the smoking feet :D
Wear tapdancing shoes and go dragging on that piece through the neighborhood throwing up sparks. Maybe some trick training wheels and a lever to hold low throttle so you can hop off, walk next to it and do some dancing....ride the whip. Line loc so you can light up with both feet on the pedals.

So many options.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Wouldn't it be cheaper and more productive to just ride the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I'm worried about stopping the thing! Most bicycles have rubber brake shoes...higher end ones have disc. I don't relish the thought of car pulling out in front of me and trying to haul it down from 25 or 30 with those little pads!:noway:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm worried about stopping the thing! Most bicycles have rubber brake shoes...higher end ones have disc. I don't relish the thought of car pulling out in front of me and trying to haul it down from 25 or 30 with those little pads!:noway:

No doubt~ that would suck. Throw some 6" rotors with 4 piston calipers on that puppy :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha well theres a clutch lever to engage or disengage the engine. i think it will be fun. i see many ppl use the rubber brakes. funny enough they work very well

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
For what it's worth, I can stop my bike in a very short distance from 25-30 mph. As long as you're on clean pavement (not in shoulder debris like sand/gravel), you can shut it down damn fast

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dad had a Whizzer from the 50's. Sounded more like a Harley, one gear belt drive did about 50MPH.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts