Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

June's Ride of the Month Contest!

7K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  daleschevelle 
#1 ·
Welcome to the June's Ride of the Month Competition!

May's ROTM Winner @rsandy

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·

View attachment 713096

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

Can we have two separate contest modified and original???

#3 ·
This month I figured I would post sooner then the last 2 days of the month so here I go. Here is my 68 I am finishing up got it registered and road worth this last month. The first time she has been registered since 1988. The motor is a built 396 wiesco pistons eagle h beam rods lunatti cam Cran stainless roller rockers Edelbrock heads Edelbrock pro Flo 4 fuel injection. Cpp 13in disk brake kit and tubular control arms. Massive control arms out back 12 bolt with a Eaton true track and cpp rear disk brake kit and a turbo 400 built to match the motor and a 3500 stall torque converter. I so far have really enjoyed driving this car and I am super proud of it. I know she's far from perfect but perfect from far. I have done 90% of the work myself and by myself. When I got this car it was a bare she'll no frame no fenders and no doors

Attachments

#4 ·
We‘ve come to June, cruising season here in Minnesota, and I have 2 new photos and one from the day we bought her. Again, this is Charlotte. She turns 53 this month. When took over caretaking responsibilities she’d already had a facelift 20 years prior, a heart transplant to a well built 396/TH400 combination, but retained her peg leg. It’s been exactly 2 years to the day since we brought her home. I learned that day of the gas station lookie loo, the thumbs up on the highway, the fascination by young and old alike, etc. It still gets my adrenaline pumping when I give ‘er the beans.

#34 · (Edited)
We‘ve come to June, cruising season here in Minnesota, and I have 2 new photos and one from the day we bought her. Again, this is Charlotte. She turns 53 this month. When took over caretaking responsibilities she’d already had a facelift 20 years prior, a heart transplant to a well built 396/TH400 combination, but retained her peg leg. It’s been exactly 2 years to the day since we brought her home. I learned that day of the gas station lookie loo, the thumbs up on the highway, the fascination by young and old alike, etc. It still gets my adrenaline pumping when I give ‘er the beans. View attachment 713269 View attachment 713270 View attachment 713271
Very nice car.. That peg leg rear end is the best for all out street driving. Both back wheels propel the car its just that when one spins all the power goes to the spinning wheel giving the driver a false impression that only one wheel moves the car. The Peg leg gives the car better handling, it takes the least amount of horsepower to run, it's lighter and all in all it gives the best ride and handling.. Usually a pair of air bags in the rear springs with a set of upper and lower adjustable control arms with spherical Delrin bushings will let you set the rear end alignment up so it gets the best bite. I was shocked at how much better my 69 el Camino digs in to the ground and takes off with a minimal of wheels spin after getting a professional four wheel alignment. Usually a wheel and frame shop will give you the best alignment.

By the way the 69 is the best! haha..

#5 ·
Say hi to Murphy. She got that name because "If it could go wrong it did!" Many of us know that 68's can be a tough car to restore because of limited NOS and after market parts but when she came together I have to say it is one of my biggest achievements. Taking the better part of 4 years to restore and aside from the engine machine work I did everything including spraying this triple black beauty with the help of good buddies. Total nut and bolt restoration right down to new carbon fiber clutches in the 12 bolt which included a total teardown and rebuild of every part in this car. Bilstein shocks with Moog suspension, Legendary interior, power cloth top, it's number matching drivetrain right down to the carburetor and distributor allows this L79 (327/325) to can get it done when needed. She is a beautifully balanced, well equipped performance convertible with AC, PS, M21, buckets with console, full gauges with roller tachometer, 3.31 geared 12 bolt posi and factory 4 piston front disc brakes makes this rare car a pleasure to drive.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

#6 ·
Say hi to Murphy. She got that name because "If it could go wrong it did!" Many of us know that 68's can be a tough car to restore because of limited NOS and after market parts but when she came together I have to say it is one of my biggest achievements. Taking the better part of 4 years to restore and aside from the engine machine work I did everything including spraying this triple black beauty with the help of good buddies. Total nut and bolt restoration right down to new carbon fiber clutches in the 12 bolt which included a total teardown and rebuild of every part in this car. Bilstein shocks with Moog suspension, Legendary interior, power cloth top, it's number matching drivetrain right down to the carburetor and distributor allows this L79 (327/325) to can get it done when needed. She is a beautifully balanced, well equipped performance convertible with AC, PS, M21, buckets with console, full gauges with roller tachometer, 3.31 geared 12 bolt posi and factory 4 piston front disc brakes makes this rare car a pleasure to drive.
View attachment 713326 View attachment 713327 View attachment 713328
I love that car, Bill. As we say up here in the deep north “ting a beauty”. Murphy is truly a beautiful machine.

#8 ·
Must be a 68 thing mine fought me the whole way. My father in-law and I say because it was so close to dead and almost permanently out of its misery and then I had to cut and and torcher her some more. This is the earliest picture I have on my phone. This is after I got it a frame and doors

Attachments

#12 ·
Ahhh all 68's makes it so hard to choose and well since they are the Quintessential Chevelle LOL I chose all 3!!!!
Us ‘68 owners know. It’s not that its an undesirable year, it’s the best kept secret ;). Loving all of the ‘68s. Bill, that car was a mess. I feel like I cheated because I bought a “finished” car. Well, finished 17 years prior. There are some things that should be addressed, for now, I’m just enjoying driving.

#15 · (Edited)
Okay to add a little more 68 to the stew....My friends 68 Beaumont...
He brought it by the house as an inspirational visit...I can't make the body shop work faster than they are Theo!

NOT part of the Month of June categories just adding some 68 content...

#19 · (Edited)

My first car in 1974 and still have it. Bought car as a shell with no drivetrain or wiring. Paid 35 dollars as a parts car. That started the HP blood that never goes away. Upgraded to 496 with Pro Flo 4 EFI. 4 wheel Corvette style disc brakes. UMI suspension. 9 inch ford rear. Lowered 2 inches with 18 inch wheels. Body and interior stock.

#20 ·
Well since we have a few 68's here I'll add mine but she's not finished yet (Are they ever? lol) I'm very happy with the 590 hp 600 tq engine and the 2012 Camaro leather bucket seats are very comfortable for my old butt LOL, I've added some SS trim since these pics were taken But I REALLY LIKE Bills BILLDINI's 68 L79 (y) :)

#23 ·
My 1967 Chevelle Malibu 327/300HP TH350 has been in the family since 1979. Many upgrades over the years but has proven to be a solid car. Nothing like dropping the top back and cruising down the road on a nice summer day with my lady (wife) of 28 years by my side. Playing some classic rock music from the 70’s and 80’s and turning every head in town. Seems to take you back in time when you didn’t have a care in the world and you could full up for $10 bucks and ride all day😎
Vehicle Car Land vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

#24 ·
Bill Okay you are correct I own a Canadian Built Chevelle. It is a Chevelle period...LOL
Now the friends Beaumont was another Canadian built car...Nothing to do with Pontiac OTHER than they were sold at Pontiac dealerships... They do not have any Pontiac badging Etc. But they do share the same dash as a Pontiac Le Mans and GTO. They have Chevy running gear, sheet metal is same as deluxe or 300 Chevelle hence the front marker light is same size no bezel and the rear taillights are similar to the 69 Chevelle in shape and even interiors are the same as a Chevelle.... But they are a Beaumont. Different breed of Cat ... Same family....

#25 ·

View attachment 713096

I am trying to post pictures but no where to start plus Are el caminos not allowed?

#27 ·
My 1971 SS 454, M22 w/ Factory AC. This is a real SS out of Ricardson Chevrolet in Houston Texas. I started restoration in December 2006 Finished July 2019. Took a long time due to death of my daughter and a lot of surgeries .But I built it from ground up on a stand , body off. so If there is anything wrong no one to blame but me as I did EVERYTHING!. I went a bit over board w/ restoration . Paint color is courtesy of Stacey David . I hope everyone enjoys it as I do finally driving it. Cleaning is another story has yet to see a trailer. thanks Tony Clarkridge ,AR

Attachments

#32 ·

Here is my 64. It is a true SS, built in the third week of September 1963 in Baltimore. It currently has a 600hp LSX454, 4l85e 4 speed automatic, B&M shifter, Procar seats, Simpson 5 point harnesses front and rear, Autometer gauges, Wilwood master cylinder and tons of other touches.

In the next two weeks I will be receiving a Quick Performance 9" rear axle completely tricked out to my specifications, with reinforced back brace, disc brakes, 3:70 gears with posi and billet yoke. Following that it will get a vintage AC system, dynomat'd and some other goodies.

If you would like to see video and hear the history of this car click here

I had a 64 SS back in 1987-89 that was built in Van Nuys and I wanted another, so I picked this one up.

#33 ·
Here is my 71 Chevelle that my kids have named The Silver Shark.

recent completed work includes:

• 454 cubic inch engine (LS6 heads), forged pistons, roller rockers and cam, new Edelbrock intake, new Holley 600 CFM carburetor, 3 inch exhaust with ceramic coated headers, Flowmaster mufflers. Aluminum radiator with dual fans.
  • Turbo Hydramatic 350 with strengthened components, rebuilt drive shaft, rebuilt 10 bolt differential.
  • New Vintage Air Conditioning.
  • American Autowire harness. New alternator, HEI distributor. New switches and gauge senders. Pioneer audio system with Bluetooth, Alpine speakers.
  • New braking and suspension system components including new: calipers, drums, hardware, power booster, brake lines, shocks, suspension springs, poly bushings, rear sway bar. Original GM rally wheels, powder coated and fitted with new BFG tires.
  • new power steering box, pump, linkages, tie rods, coupler.
  • New steel fuel lines, new fuel tank.
  • New repaint in Cortez Silver

#36 ·
I can't pass up sharing my '68 with the rest of these! It still has the original 327 with a few more horses than original and a turbo 350 in place of the glide. The 10 bolt has a posi with 3.55s. We can get in and drive it any place we want and race it at our track as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.