Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a slight problem.. the junction block (or electrical block) on the firewall which seperates the under hood wires from the ones leading to the interior is really loose. Loose enough that when i hit a bump the fuel pump will shut off and the car will stall. I needs to be replaced!
But i can't find where to get a replacment.. does anyone know where? thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
More than likely any one of your usual resto shops. Ground Up, Ausleys, Original Parts Group, Year One. (I know Year One has them, as I was just looking at their catalog the other day.)

------------------
Mark
Member #605
Better to BURN OUT, then to fade away

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The connector you are talking about is called the bulkhead connector. You should be able to tighten the connection, there is a hex head screw that holds the engine side to the dash side. Replacements are not available as they are an integral part of the harnesses. The harnesses are available but are not cheep.

·
Premium Member
17,409 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to bite the bullet and buy a harness.. But i'll see if i can actually tighten it down, i'll give cleaning the contacts a try to. Hopfully i can can bend them so they will be snugger, and make better contact.
Thanks for all the help guys! Maybe now it won't stall out of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
17,409 Posts
Obviously, if your fuel pump shuts off and the car stalls, you must be running EFI...

Maybe the Fuel Pump should be routed through another harness...

I did have the problem of the whole car dying and no juice to the dash... I would wiggle the connector on the firewall, and away I'd go... I just cleaned all the contacts, and never had the problem since...

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Quik66.jpg
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/eng7.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts