Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John,you seem to be the electrical guru so heres one.can the horn relay be taken out of the system on a 67 and the horn still work? most answers about these relays seems to be that these relays are only a junction point for power. the reason is to clean up the engine compartment and these relays are getting hard to find.i am planning on the int. reg. conversion anyway.so, can it be done? thanks in advance.JIMK

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not a guru. Just one of the guys that hang around on this site. The horn relay can't be taken out. It could but the alternatives to making the horn work are not very practical. You may be referring to something I said in another thread about the relay being a junction point. It is as far as the changing circuit. The horn relay has nothing to do with a charging circuit and doesn't have to be there. But the wires tied to the horn relay do have another purpose. They provide 12 volts to the relay coil and contacts. A car will work with a completely dead relay but the horn won't. I thought only the 72 horn relays are hard to find. These weren't used in many applications so there's not much to be made re-popping them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts