Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John,
Remember the problem I had with my dash lights and gauges going out while shifting my 4 spd into reverse? You should because you did an awful lot of head scratching trying to help me and I wanted to thank you again for your assistance.
You went away for a week and Elree had me checking some things out. While under there looking for the ground wire to the cluster I noticed some spark when the cluster touched the column while I was pushing around. Never did find a ground under any of the screws on the cluster so I ran a new one to the parking brake and it solved my problem.
When I'd put it in reverse and the column started to spin there was a point towards the end of the shift that the clumn and cluster would lose contact thus losing my ground! When the shift was completed, it would once again make contact and everything would function properly again.
You sure taught me a lot while troubleshooting my problem and thanks again.

------------------
Scott Wolfe
Leck Kill, Pa.
70 Chevelle SS L34

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Yes I saw. Actually I was gone for a week and a half but managed to get onto the net a couple of times. No time to grab the laptop. Never will get used to last minute trips to wherever.
Glad you got it fixed. It was just a matter of narrowing it down. I've said before, I hate to see anyone shell out big bucks to someone just to fix a broken wire. There really is a great group of guys that hang around this section. Some type more than others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts