Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John:
Now that I solve the problem with my grounds and the car is charging like is suppose to be I still have some noise in my radio. I have a complete Kenwood Kit. Radio, Crossover, Parametric Equalizer plus 2 600w amp. I have tried a RCA noise reductor in the radio output w/out luck. I'm getting a lot of noise when I idle the engine, also when I turn the A/C on some noise come in. Do you know of something I can try to solve the problem???
regards
Carlos

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
They make several different types of noise filters. They go in the positive (+) wire for the radio. You should find one in a good car stereo store on the island. If you can not find one, I'll find something on the internet for you.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
John, I was able to contact Carlos. He has a nice pair of 71's.
Canadian 70SS

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,
I tried several noise filters w/out luck. I still getting a lot of noise from the engine. Everything is working perfect except the noise. Do you know of anyone before with similar problems?? The noise is extremelly loud. I even tried connecting another radio (Kenwood) and still geeting the noise. Can I probably missing a ground somewhere??
Pls advice
Regards

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Does it happen when the engine is off? Or does it happen only when the engine is running?

·
Premium Member
13,910 Posts
Carlos, do you have a resistor coil wire, I mean the one from the dist center post to the coil center.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only get the noise when the car is on and running. When the switch is in on and the car off I don't get any. My radio is grounded to the steel bracket on the emergency brake pedal. About the resistor coil wire I'm not sure what LEO is asking. I have a HEI Mallory dist.

SNFU Mobile: Where do you suggest I can attach the ground w/out problems??

·
Premium Member
13,910 Posts
The coil high tension wire that is supplied with the Spark plug wires, If it isn't a suppresion wire, it could cause noise in the radio.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LeoP;
Since I'm not sure if the coil high tension wire is a suppresion type, can I go ahead and pull the one in the Mallory HEI and buy a new one suppresed type to see if that work??

regards

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Saw this on a 55,56 or 57 T-bird at the B/J auction the other night. They said Ford put a loose KNOT in the coil wire to get rid of static. Hey, if it worked on a Ford it might work on a Chevelle. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts