Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Jegs McGard wheel/tire packages? Thought about picking up the sport mag setup for my 70. Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've seen those wheels.They are a copy of the Weld front runners.All I can say is I wouldn't.They are not that good looking in person.Dull ,too thick and chunky.Hey,just my opinion.I'm ordering the U.S.Mags vintage 5 spoke.A few bucks more but worth it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mark, I'm looking at tires & wheels now. Do you have a link or any info on the US mags? Mine is a 70 also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sure .They are U.S. Mags U-102 Standard.$115 and up to $129.At Summit.I'm sure they can do a package/wheel-tire deal.Those "house brand "rims are obviously made off-shore,and perhaps the Standards are too.not sure.U.S.mags seem to have a great selection if you go to their website.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Sure .They are U.S. Mags U-102 Standard.$115 and up to $129.At Summit.I'm sure they can do a package/wheel-tire deal.Those "house brand "rims are obviously made off-shore,and perhaps the Standards are too.not sure.U.S.mags seem to have a great selection if you go to their website.
Those US Mags are an inexpensive cast wheel too. I didn't see anything on their website stating where they are made. I wouldn't be surprised if both brands shared a boat ride to this country.

Steve R

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Those US Mags are an inexpensive cast wheel too. I didn't see anything on their website stating where they are made. I wouldn't be surprised if both brands shared a boat ride to this country.

There won't be an issue with quality of the Jeg's wheel, however, some if the designs won't age well.

Steve R

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
A guy down the street from me has those drag lite lookalikes. They actually look pretty nice, and if your just going for the look hardly anyone is going to realize they arent the real thing. Im thinking of ordering g a set of the US mags for my 66, love the classic five spoke. Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts