Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, where is the best place you guys can suggest to purchase a high quality repro SS steel hood for my 70 Chevelle? I have no use for Cowl Induction, so that is not my concern, just an SS hood, that fits the way it should. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Riz,

Most of the suppliers get their hood from www.goodmarkindustries.com. My suggestion is figure out who is the closest so you can save some on shipping as it will probably have to com truck freight. Another option might be to see if you could find a local resto shop/supplier so maybe you can get around shipping. Here is a link to Authorized Good Mark Dealers

Good Luck

------------------
Jeff Angerstein
ACES#841 TCG#158
68 SS396(454)
68 Pro Street
69 SSRS 396(427) 4spd
87 MC SS

My Chevs
My Favorite
There are two theories to arguing with women.... Neither one works!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Riz,
Don't count out the used SS hoods. Check your local swap meets, and papers. Also check the internet. The old stuff is so much better. I was looking for a stock flat hood for my Malibu, when I happended upon a guy selling an EXCELLENT condition domed hood for $180. I couldn't get there fast enough!!! It lives on the Malibu now!

------------------
Better Late than Never Fred
Team Chevelle #400
ACES #4055
Denton ...The home of happiness.
1970 Chevelle Malibu

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you buy the hood from NPD and maybe something more to add up to $300 +,the shipping is free in the US.I belive the latest price they are selling it for is $287
HR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.