Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sat. I bought a 2002 Silverado HD with the 6.0 in it. I will use to haul parts and eventually the car.
I want to put dual exhaust on it, but there is a problem. There are two 3" pipes going into the muffler and two 2.5" coming out, then they Y into a single exhaust. Now the only way to do a catback system is to put two mufflers on it and there isn't enough room. Does anybody know of a company that makes a performance muffler with two inlets and two outlets? The only way the muffler shop knew how to do the system would be use two separate 24" glass packs. Which would be cool, because I would in reality have a true dual exhaust system on a new truck. But I am looking for a hollow deep tone, not a loud tinny cackle. Any body seen a new HD 3/4 ton with dual exhaust? If so how was it set up? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out Gibson exhaust!(www.gibsonexhaust.com) They sell cat back systems with dual pipes out one side or both. I'm pretty sure you can also buy just a twin in twin out muffler.

Nice system, I have a twin out, passenger side cat back system on my 2000 GMC Ext. Cab Z71 with 4.10 gears. Made my 5.3L get up and go!

BTW, Sounds great too! Not to loud, but has a nice rumble.

NICE TRUCK! I'm looking into the HD market myself.

Hope this helps,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.