Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to thank you all on the advice you shared during my to sell, or not to sell decision. My professional appraisal was the icing on the cake ( he said it was a prerfect restification candidate and not far from being a show/collector quality car ), but the cake was made here.

It's a 67 SS 396 all orig exe engine and paint. Full gauges, 4 speed, lovely working AM radio, no power nutin'. Soon she'll have a 1967/8 "crate" L88 ( yup bought from Chevy as an engine assembly )between her framerails with a little tripower action added for show.

Al was kind enough to format the pic I emailed him. You'll see the next and fifth owner of this piece of auto history already behind the wheel. He's only got 14 years to wait!

www.chevelles.com/showroom/genes67.jpg

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for your never ending help. I'm proud to be a member of this fine origanization. BIGTIME.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-19-99).]

·
Registered
172 Posts
Beautiful car Gene, I love the 66 & 67 models best ( 'cause I have one
). When the tris are installed, hope you post some pics. That will be very impressive to see.

------------------

–Joe454–
"67 Malibu"

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, yeah it's a neat car, but keep in mind, it's a 50ft beauty. Notice the hood trim. I finally got the hood where it should be. Next step is to have a body pro take her over the winter and DO HER RIGHT!

The L88 should be in by August. Tris are a bit later though, an old 850 will have to provide the mix until my paychecks catch up! You know the deal, new Centerforce clutch, this that and the other thing, a 3" exhaust.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-19-99).]

·
Registered
144 Posts
Gene,
That's too nice of a car to get rid of!! And you know the value of it isn't like these new cars - it won't depreciate at all! Good decision and keep us posted!

BTW, I noticed you're from Buffalo - you a Buffalo Bills fan? I'm not ashamed to admit that I am (I know some people are).

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeremy,

When I played Pop Warner ball Dick Butkus was my hero, no super hero. No one played the middle like him. So I've been a Bears fan since the early 70's I guess. I didn't like the personnel here in Buffalo until a few years back, I mean JK and crew. Bunch of unruly undisciplined prima donnas IMO ( that's why they ain't got no rings!). But I like the new guys a bunch. The "little man" plays with a heart that makes him 6'5". Bruce is the best defensive end I've seen since Ed "Too Tall" Jones. Just awesome.

A long winded , YES.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Gene, beautiful car! I think the kid likes it too! I would never sell that car. And that L88(future tri-power) I'll be pulling to the side of the road to let you by. As I was taught early on, "Yield to classic cars!" And now I drive one, but yours is much nicer(read I'm 16 and don't drive an Import!). And I'm a Charger's fan even though they suck.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoCalRat,

I lesson in perseverence, I was a Bears fan through some hard times. Alas, in 1986, when they made it to the Bowl, I was in uniform and tucked away in some foreign armpit. Upon my return to the States, my CO gave me the tape and one days liberty to, and I quote, " get F'd up and watch a great game!". Best commanidng officer I ever served under!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Gene,
Sounds like a good CO. My dad was in the Navy for 26 yrs. and even missed my brother's birth while serving in the Gulf. Although it's off the topic, have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit about the Bears fans with Chris Farley, Mike Myers, and 2 other guys? Bears!Bears!Bears! I guess I'll have to stick it through with my team and watch a kid that whines and throws fits instead of touchdowns(Ryan Leaf). Also congrats on being a part of GenX!

[This message has been edited by SoCalRat (edited 07-19-99).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude that is eaisly one of the sweetest car's ive seen, you thought about selling it? almost makes me want to cry =) Good luck with it thoguh

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
Nice car, Gene! Is it that NN Plum Mist or Royal Plum colour? Now I know that if I hear something nasty out on Lake Ontario and I don't see a Cigarette boat, it'll be that nasty rat of yours firing up 35 miles across the lake!

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
Gene that is a nice car thanks for posting a picture.I could never sell it I did that last year sold a SS396 Camaro I owned over 19 years since high school want to buy some land it killed me to see her go away on the transporter maybe some ay iwill have another but I khope i never get rid of my Chevelle Mike

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Mike, I can understand since I'm thinking about soem land too. It least the Camaro wasn't your only ride.

Cam, I don't know what color it is. It was shot over the original Bolero. The trunk and jambs are still Bolero. That's the big $$$ project over the winter, to get her back in a suit of red.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Gene!!!! After seeing the car, it's a NO BRAINER!! Put that L-88 in her, and go eat F$#Ds!!! And Tri Power??? YOWSA!!!!!

Oh and keep the people thinking 396...tee hee!

Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Gene,

Great car, man!
Can I put the pic up to my page?

vortech08

P.S. Did you get a bit censored last time? Big brother never sleeps...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vortech, it's all yours, use it. That was self-imposed censorship. I shouldn't grind my " kill all the demogouges and let God sort them out" ax here.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well they say the L88 did 550hp. That's with 12.5:1 CR and my pistons are aftermarket( we had to go 0.030 over) and they should provide about 11:1 ( actually 10.96:1). So what would you dock the 550 for a 1.5 pt drop in CR 50HP?75HP? Add roller rockers and carb tuning with a tripower intake, 2" headers ( I think the original tests were with smaller 1 7/8 ), a little more juice in the ignition and I'm thinking 515-525 at 6700/6800 rpm. Heck, let's call it 500 HP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.