Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a B&M shifter i installed during the summer had a colum shifter before so changing stuff over like the neutral safty switch and reverse lights and guess what? i can't find the manual that says what wires go where? On the colum there is the not sure of work where reverse and neutral things plug in it is from the colunm shifter and i now have floor shifter so need to know A do i need a knew one? B. what wires do i hook up to it? there is 2 green ones and 2 purple or something like that but shifter only has room for 2 wires i think. if you understand what i am asking PLEASE HELP!!! thanks alot

------------------
OWNER OF A 66 CHEVELLE MALIBU
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/nascar97/Chevelle.html page about the progress on my resto. still being made

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
should be 2 micro switches on the shifter, one for neutral safety and other for backup. Purple wires go to neutral safety, light green wires to backup switch. If you are not sure what switch is what use an ohm meter, the backup switch will show a short between the terminals only when the shifter is in reverse, the neutral safety will show the short between its terminals in park or neutral.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.