Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, getting close to the end of the season. 67 will be laid up for the winter. I put over 4,200 miles on it this summer. This trip in the pictures was a 500 mile trip up north (Michigan) to see some color.

I’m running a 6.0 LS with a LS6 cam, LS2 intake, ported 853 heads and shorty headers. 4L60, 9” with a 3:50 gear. Most driving was 55-60 but did jump on the expressway for 50 miles at 75-80. My average mpg was 22.8. I was pretty happy with that.

We went with 4 other couples. My buddy took his brand new Skat Pack. All in all I’m pretty happy with this pig that took me way to long to finish but I’ve been trying to drive it as much as possible.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Water Sky Liquid Hood Car
Wheel Tire Car Jeans Vehicle
Cloud Plant Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Car is looking awesome ! Glad you had a great year though. I always feel sorry for you northern guys/gals this time of year putting them away. Down here this starts our fantastic driving weather !

Sorry you're missing it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Car is looking awesome ! Glad you had a great year though. I always feel sorry for you northern guys/gals this time of year putting them away. Down here this starts our fantastic driving weather !

Sorry you're missing it.

Mike
Mike, having lived up north and down south for many years have you ever heard the old saying “absence makes the heart grow fonder”. It is true, we will be just fine.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
Although it sucks to lay it up for the winter I do like the fist drive in the the spring, you forget how nice they are and it’s like getting a new car all over again.
That's why we drive these cars.

"Salvation Lies Within".........
Bob Gunton Signed The Shawshank Redemption 11x14 Photo Inscribed The  Warden & Salvation Lies Within (AutographCOA COA) | Pristine Auction

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Color peaked in the western UP two weeks ago, this coming weekend should be great here! Some of those shots look familiar to me, but could be anywhere north of M-72. Looks like it was a good trip!

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
in az unless you have AC in your car, we park the cars in the summer between 12 and 4 pm and drive them 365 days a year. jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts