Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have a firewall tag which indicates 1966, on a 1967 Chevelle?
See picture.....
Motor vehicle Light Line Font Gas

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Rivets look good can you send the pic of the front end of the car...maybe a mistake in stamping...
very interesting...

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,101 Posts
From my seat it doesn't look good,... look around the body for the other VIN #'s that were stamped into the sheet metal, a search here will tell you where they were originally located.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From my seat it doesn't look good,... look around the body for the other VIN #'s that were stamped into the sheet metal, a search here will tell you where they were originally located.
There's vin numbers other than the door jamb vin plate? (Still a newbie)

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
What is that document in post number 4?
Yes there is a partial vin on the frame and on the firewall

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
There's vin numbers other than the door jamb vin plate? (Still a newbie)
My 68 has a partial vin # on the rear driver side top frame and on the firewall behind the AC box. I also have it stamped on the topside drivers side rocker panel. It's not showing 138 so the previous owner didn't try to pass it off as a SS but the wrong year on the trim tag. I will leave that to the 66 and 67 experts here.

·
Premium Member
13,534 Posts
The vin indicates the car was built in September of 1966. That trim tag is an August of 1966. I highly doubt the trim tag belongs to that car.

Reactions: Kirk's67SS

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
1,101 Posts
PARTIAL VIN...may be located on the top of the frame rail on the drivers side...hard to read, and possibly on the firewall behind the heater box...nobody said this was going to be easy...GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 68 has a partial vin # on the rear driver side top frame and on the firewall behind the AC box. I also have it stamped on the topside drivers side rocker panel. It's not showing 138 so the previous owner didn't try to pass it off as a SS but the wrong year on the trim tag. I will leave that to the 66 and 67 experts here.
So the body and the ac box have to be removed to see these VINs?

·
Super Moderator
4,751 Posts
So the body and the ac box have to be removed to see these VINs?
You can probably get a small dental type mirror between the frame and the body. My 68 is about a foot or so from the end of the frame. Maybe two feet

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There's nothing on frame that's readable, since entire car is undercoated....no number near blower motor, non near the wiper arm.....
Not concerned, as I'm not into numbers matching, history etc....just curious about the trim tag....

1 - 20 of 231 Posts