Team Chevelle banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
My 2001 1 ton work truck is one of the best made trucks I ever owned, the 1983 GMC 1 ton it replaced was the best truck ever made. It had over 500,000 miles on two engines both 350 four bolt blocks, three Turbo 400 transmissions and the same rear end a 3:90 14 bolt posi.

The car I had was a 1983 Olds 98 Regency, 307 200r4. We put 275,000 miles on it in 15 years, with one transmission rebuilt. An old transmission guy told me to keep it in 3 and only use Overdrive when on the open highway at 65+ because when going 35-40 mph in OD, the pump doesn't go fast enough to keep the transmission satisifed. When it was 20 years old and had 180,000 miles, we all jumped into and drove across the country to Washington state and never gave the cars age a second thought.

I have driven many cars and anything from GM was always at the top.. It must be hard for GM and Ford watching Americans put them down while the Japs and other car companies steal all there engineering discoveries and get praised for it..
I too had an Olds 98 Regency, bought it from Dad. It had 300,000 plus on it, second engine and 3rd Transmission. It was underpowered and slow but somewhat reliable. I had carb and alternator issues with it too. I was glad to get it out of my hair, too much 1980's poor engineering.

·
Registered
656 Posts
So I grew up a Chevrolet/Olds/Pontiac man. My dad ran bodyshops at their dealers and he has always been a GM Guy. I have to say after the last recession they seem to have been infiltrated by lackluster engineering left wing environment extremist who lack ingenuity. I am sad to say from here on our it will be tough for me to even consider a new GM product and I never thought I would say that. They charge a premium and their vehicles are lackluster at best. Just bought a new Ram 2500 Cummins and from styling and interior Chevy doesn’t hold a candle to it.

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
Sad, was my first reaction. I showed it to my ninth grader. She said the M looks stupid, the line has no purpose now, the color doesn't look like a car color, it looks like social media and the ombre looks like a kid did a bad dye job. Guess she won't be wanting a GM car anytime soon either.

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
gm is now a feminist company. They are going to fail. They still, (2021) do not fix their faulty design flawed vehicles and they could care less. China will sell their junk until "the state" owns gm. Appears they already do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little these new age millennial college designers for cars and graphics smh

loved how that new age Karen who was ceo buried Pontiac too dropped all good platforms and started building Aztec and vibes I heard the toilet flush from a mile away

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little these new age millennial college designers for cars and graphics smh

loved how that new age Karen who was ceo buried Pontiac too dropped all good platforms and started building Aztec and vibes I heard the toilet flush from a mile away
HEY!!! I have a Vibe, just changed the oil on it today. 276,000 mile and still going strong. Of course it is Toyota badged Pontiac.

Reactions: Samson68

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
My newest GM / Chevy is a 75 Chevy Dually I've had for 20yrs. All other Chevys are older. My entire family's new/(er) family vehicles are all Dodge and Ram. I count about 18 between all of us. Not one other Maker.

Mike

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I too had an Olds 98 Regency, bought it from Dad. It had 300,000 plus on it, second engine and 3rd Transmission. It was underpowered and slow but somewhat reliable. I had carb and alternator issues with it too. I was glad to get it out of my hair, too much 1980's poor engineering.
Sorry for side tracking.

ChevelleNut, You actually paid your Dad money for it?

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
Sorry for side tracking.

ChevelleNut, You actually paid your Dad money for it?
I think $400, I was 22 or 23 not making much money, on my own. I worked for what I got.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Looks like a new concept some millennial hipster thought up while sitting in his cubical with the latest copy of tree hugger monthly with a scratch and sniff bark sample in the centrefold. As he thinks "How can I reinvent the wheel today and make myself look better than anyone else in front of the bosses?...I know...I'll reinvent the gm logo to be less dominant and more in touch with my feminine side. It'll be gentler and nicer and look more electric to go with the electric car logo's... lower case to look a lot less mean...surprised there's no fuchsia in there...cuz we can't say pink...besides she rocks!

BTW just showed my wife...Hated it! said it's for a younger audience and she is a kindergarten teacher...she'd know...

·
Registered
111 Posts
HEY!!! I have a Vibe, just changed the oil on it today. 276,000 mile and still going strong. Of course it is Toyota badged Pontiac.
Not trying to offend anyone here 😃 I watched a documentary 5 yrs ago on Pontiac I’ve owned some old ones a lemans and fire bird and seeing the hey days of the muscle car movement and those guys building those early ones in 64 n 65 they were among the founders of the muscle car . Much respect to Pontiac

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I think $400, I was 22 or 23 not making much money, on my own. I worked for what I got.
Much respect (y) I was just trying to be funny, which I’m horrible at:geek:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wonder how much they paid some advertising firm to come up with that.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts