Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

Registered
Sad but true...

(CNN)General Motors unveiled a new logo Friday that the company says symbolizes its shift toward electric vehicles.
The now-lowercase letter M, for example, features arches that are squared so they resemble the prongs of an electric plug, the company said. And the blue coloring is supposed to evoke "clean skies."
The new logo was created by GM's own designers. Even the font was created in-house, the company said. It's the first time the automaker has substantially changed its logo since 1964.

Premium Member
Sad but true...

(CNN)General Motors unveiled a new logo Friday that the company says symbolizes its shift toward electric vehicles.
The now-lowercase letter M, for example, features arches that are squared so they resemble the prongs of an electric plug, the company said. And the blue coloring is supposed to evoke "clean skies."
The new logo was created by GM's own designers. Even the font was created in-house, the company said. It's the first time the automaker has substantially changed its logo since 1964.
That's just not cool. At all.

Premium Member
GM is not the GM we love, company has been in free fall for many years. Toyota and Honda make superior vehicles, oh wait, GM is getting out of the sedan business, I wonder why? Same goes for Ford. My Fusions are great cars, just didn't make the money for the company.

With the impending fuel cost increase the big SUVs and trucks will go out of fashion, GM and Ford will be screwing themselves again.

Reactions: Ole' Yeller and blm

Premium Member
GM is not the GM we love, company has been in free fall for many years. Toyota and Honda make superior vehicles, oh wait, GM is getting out of the sedan business, I wonder why? Same goes for Ford. My Fusions are great cars, just didn't make the money for the company.

With the impending fuel cost increase the big SUVs and trucks will go out of fashion, GM and Ford will be screwing themselves again.
I wasn't happy when Ford went to aluminum bodies to save on weight. I'd bought a brand new F150 in 2017 and returned it 2 days later. What a pile. Drove and rode like crap.

Registered
Nope, Don鈥檛 like it.

Premium Member
After 2020s earnings and sales announcement and with prospected dropping some of their lineup, they must have thought it would save money on capitol letters.

That or they must have hired a kid as marketing rep who just texts or never learned that an acronyms is capitalized.

Pure crap.

Mike

Registered
It's not that bad... we'll get used to it after a while.

Claude.

Premium Member
General Motors, hum let's take the capital letters out to make it sound inferior...general motors says the idiot in charge, ridiculous
After 2020s earnings and sales announcement and with prospected dropping some of their lineup, they must have thought it would save money on capitol letters.

That or they must have hired a kid as marketing rep who just texts or never learned that an acronyms is capitalized.

Pure crap.

Mike
I agree with you both. The more I look at the new logo, it looks like it belongs on a Chinese or Japanese made toy.

Premium Member
Screw GM, they don't make anymore parts for the GM cars I own.

GM was the Mark of Excellence. I guess they now realize they produce junk.

Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
The only GM vehicle I have now is my 71 Malibu. I used to be totally GM at one time but I think the last new GM vehicle we bought was our 2012 Equinox which was a good vehicle but now we have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2017 Dodge Challenger. GM no longer makes anything I'm interested in and when they come out with something new it's just a larger or smaller version of what they already have. Their styling sucks now and has for quite a few years.

Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
Smaller logo represents smaller presence in the marketplace,......how many of you remember when our Congress was looking at breaking up GM because they had over 50% of domestic auto sales years ago. Sad.

Premium Member
Bill
It looks like the facebook icon. They are selling to younger people than us.

Registered
Lower case for lower expectations.
Only appropriate for lower goals, lower quality, lower profits, lower production, lower performance, and the stupid electrics.
Corvette as the last hurrah before complete surrender to the "Green and PC" mob.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts