Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the fall of 1970 I went down to the local chevy dealer and purchased a new 71SS. There were few 70's left on the lot but I wanted the newer model and liked some of the changes like the single headlights and the rear bumper and tailights. Another difference I noted was the stripes on the 70's were rounded more at the front of the car and at the rear of the car. In looking thru restoration parts catalogs they all offer the same stencil kit for 70-72. Are they wrong and is my memory correct?

G

·
I believe there were two stripe designs in 70. The original was modified sometime during the model year. The latter variation was carried over to 71-72.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gene Chas: Yes I do, Bowtie block (4" stroke and 4.5" bore), Lunati rotating assembly, .694 lift roller with 284 duration @.050, Eldebrock performer alum. heads w/2.25" valves, hooker big tubes and two Eldebrock 600cfm carbs. This is backed with Richmond close ratio Super T-10 and 3:73 gears. What it will do to the 235/60R15 T/A's is undescribable!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
67SS509, I know. One of my buds just built one for his 68 Camaro. Like the 427 on the bottle. Better gas milage ( he thinks ) cause he can't go past 1/2 throttle anyway. 1/4 throttle starts are awesome. Anyway, sorry to clutter up your post. I'm already thinkin' of the next project and a 509!!!( in a 61/62 Impala nostalglic drag car.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
67SS509,
Hey with that drive train how will you keep the stripes on the paint wow! lunati ,only way to go!

------------------
Mike69SS
Fedex aircraft mechanic
Team Member #355
Horn Lake Ms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.