Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
There is NO engine, NO transmission, NO 12 bolt posi, NO front disc brakes, NO tach dash, NO SS hood AND NO FLOOR SHIFT COLUMN. It has a 10 bolt underneath it just so it will roll.
With that being the case, there is nothing left to distinctly tell if its a true SS as the add states. All the SS stuff has been removed so to me it is nothing more then a Malibu. If thats a special order code Monaco orange car, the cowl tag may be the only thing remaining to really tell its true status, but im sure that is probably gone too. Ad says its built in Canada, there is still a fighting chance to document it for someone looking for an SS if thats the case. Hope they got a big wallet for it.

With the amount of rust and the fact that all of the expensive stuff has been removed. I would have trouble giving 500 dollars for it. I would rather start out with a car with much better sheetmetal for more $ personally. I think thats still a little high priced.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I agree with you 100% Chris but I am shocked to hear someone say that about something that is said to be a true super sport. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone just bought the car and took all the numbers off of it and put it on a decent malibu so the numbers would say that it was a super sport.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
I would have the owner provide info on the original color of the car. If I'm not mistaken in 69 there were certain colors available only on SS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts