Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67SS has the L-78 375HP engine. As far as I know, this is the only engine it has ever had. It has all the correct dates including the EG on the block. It has been said there were only 612 67's with the 375HP engine. Could this be one of them?

Here's my problem. The engine assembly date is 5/67 and the car's final assembly date is 3/67. So you can see my problem. How can the car be built in March with an engine that won't be built for another two months? Could the factory have made a mistake when they stamped the dates? I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mark,
I have the same problem.My LS6 is all original and unrestored.My cars final assembly is April 17 1970.My block reads TO510CRV then the VIN.After several posts and plenty of replys from knowledgeable people I came to the conclusion that it was a typo.Beside, from what I gathered,Tonawanda did not build engines on Sundays and May 10 1970 was a Sunday.Now if that drunk worker typed in a 4 instead of a 5 then that would have made more sense!

------------------
Dean Ciampi
Autumn Gold 1970 LS6 Chevelle
Team Chevelle Gold #52 Aces #3094

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.