Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order interior pieces to freshen things up. My EC's interior code is #770-Saddle. The kick panels, pillar posts, headliner, etc. all look tan but, any painted surfaces like the metal on the lower dash, the dash bezel, and the "shelf" under the back window, look somewhere between tan/gold/copper, more "metallic" than glossy. It seems unlikely that they've been repainted but I was wondering if anyone had an original #770 interior in good shape, and what color is the paint?

I'm expecting when my door panels, and dash pad come in I'll just try to choose my paint to match them, but I was just curious about the almost metallic goldish color of the original(?).

Skip

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice looking interior. Mine, the color on the dash looks closer to the color on your kick panels. What's more, mine looks almost metal flake as opposed to just a straight glossy "tan". Is yours original? If yes, are the painted areas metallic? If not original, what did you use? It looks nice.

SKIP

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
That color is Light Saddle and is listed I think as being a common color to 70 Elkys. Be specific when ordering anything Saddle because they made another Saddle that is kinda dark brown. The pervious owner started switching to that color and I finiched it off. The kick panels were dyed by him but I painted the lower part of the dash with a Light Saddle paint from Year One. The door panels are new from PUI and I am not sure where the dash pad came from as it came with the car and is a repro with no name on it (the color is slightly off).

Email Dale. You can find his info at his website. He may be able to help.

http://www.chevellestuff.com/index.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts